Charles Edge, Zack Smith, and Beau Hunter offer precise reasons of the expertise required for large-scale Mac OS X deployments and enable you combine it with different working platforms and applications.
Enterprise Mac Administrator's Guide addresses the starting to be measurement and unfold of Mac OS X deployments in organizations and associations around the world. every now and then, this can be as a result of the progress of conventional Mac environments, yet for the main half it has to do with "switcher" campaigns, the place home windows and/or Linux environments are migrating to Mac OS X. even though, there's a steep tradition surprise with a majority of these migrations. the goods which are used are diverse, the nomenclature is diverse, and most significantly the simplest practices for facing the working process are different.
Apple offers a few instruments to aid automate and advisor IT towards coping with a great number of Mac OS X computersit has considering the fact that earlier than Mac OS X was once at the beginning published. despite the fact that, that will prepare all the items to inform a compelling tale approximately how one can run an IT division or a deployment of Macs, you want to assemble info from a few assorted assets. This publication will supply reasons of the expertise required.
- Provides whole suggestions for the big- and medium-scale integration of listing prone, imaging, and protection
- Complete advisor for integrating Macs and Mac OS X into combined environments with self belief and no down time
- One-stop quantity for IT pros who desire the technical information to get their activity performed as successfully and successfully as attainable
What youll learn
- Choose a listing companies version that works on your association and combine it into your present version
- Choose an imaging version and start imaging workstations without or with third-party items
- Leverage scripting strategies to lessen hard work for the IT division
- Provide community companies (file sharing, cellular domestic folders, messaging, etc.) to the Mac OS X consumers
- Mass-deploy the iPhone
Who this ebook is for
System directors and IT pros who have to deal with lots of Mac OS X pcs, be they Mac OS Xbased servers or workstations. the idea is that readers are a bit conversant in Mac OS X and/or IT mostly, yet no longer that they're accustomed to the Apple approach internals, server prone, or deployment techniques.