By Charles Frederick Hartt
Charles Frederick Hartt, Canadian-born geologist, paleontologist and naturalist (1840-1878)
This booklet offers «Amazonian Tortoise Myths», from Charles Frederick Hartt. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Amazonian Tortoise Myths
- How The Tortoise Out-ran The Deer
- The Jabuti That Cheated The Man
- How A Tortoise Killed Jaguars
- How The Tortoise Provoked a competition Of power among The Tapir And The Whale
- How A Tortoise Killed A Jaguar And Made A Whistle of 1 Of His Bones
- The Jabuti Avenges Himself at the Tapir
- The Tortoise Kills The Opossum by way of Inducing Him To Bury Himself
- The Tortoise Sends The Jaguar On A Fool's Errand
Read or Download Amazonian Tortoise Myths PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
An immense of stone of exceptional dimensions was once exposed over a century in the past. here's the total record, together with clinical statements that after stood upright the determine stood approximately 11 toes excessive, and its head approximately double the scale of any usual human. since it used to be faraway from the floor in upstate big apple, a few confuse it with the even more debatable Cardiff immense.
Clerics within the heart a long time have been subjected to differing beliefs of masculinity, either from in the Church and from lay society. The historians during this quantity interrogate the which means of masculine identification for the medieval clergy, via contemplating quite a lot of assets, time sessions and geographical contexts.
Have you questioned approximately Time: what it truly is or how you can talk about it? when you have, then you definately can have been bewildered by means of the numerous varied perspectives and reviews in lots of different fields to be chanced on, reminiscent of physics, arithmetic, philosophy, faith, background, and technology fiction novels and flicks. This ebook might help you get to the bottom of truth from fiction.
Can technological know-how let us know every little thing there's to grasp approximately truth? The highbrow and sensible successes of technological know-how have led a few scientists to imagine that there aren't any actual limits to the competence of technological know-how, and no limits to what may be accomplished within the identify of technology. for that reason, technological know-how has no limitations; it is going to ultimately solution all our difficulties.
- The Outer Limits of Reason: What Science, Mathematics, and Logic Cannot Tell Us (MIT Press)
- Elise Boulding: A Pioneer in Peace Research, Peacemaking, Feminism, Future Studies and the Family: From a Quaker Perspective (Pioneers in Arts, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Practice)
- Natural History Societies and Civic Culture in Victorian Scotland (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
- Has Science Found God? The Latest Results in the Search for Purpose in the Universe
Additional resources for Amazonian Tortoise Myths
Amazonian Tortoise Myths by Charles Frederick Hartt