By Bernard Lightman
- Provides a single-volume evaluation of present scholarship within the historical past of technological know-how edited through one of many top figures within the field
- Features 40 essays via major overseas students offering an summary of the foremost debates and advancements within the background of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper ancient contextualization in the field
- Helps converse and combine views from the heritage of technological know-how with different parts of old inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western subject matters that are built-in in the course of the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in accordance with key analytic different types that replicate new techniques within the field
Read or Download A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
A huge of stone of exceptional dimensions used to be exposed over a century in the past. here's the complete file, together with medical statements that once stood upright the determine stood approximately 11 toes excessive, and its head approximately double the scale of any usual human. since it used to be faraway from the floor in upstate manhattan, a few confuse it with the even more debatable Cardiff significant.
Clerics within the center a long time have been subjected to differing beliefs of masculinity, either from in the Church and from lay society. The historians during this quantity interrogate the which means of masculine id for the medieval clergy, via contemplating a variety of resources, time sessions and geographical contexts.
Have you puzzled approximately Time: what it really is or tips to talk about it? when you've got, then you definately can have been bewildered through the various various perspectives and critiques in lots of diversified fields to be discovered, equivalent to physics, arithmetic, philosophy, faith, background, and technological know-how fiction novels and movies. This e-book can assist you resolve truth from fiction.
Can technological know-how let us know every thing there's to understand approximately fact? The highbrow and functional successes of technological know-how have led a few scientists to imagine that there are not any actual limits to the competence of technological know-how, and no limits to what may be completed within the identify of technological know-how. consequently, technology has no barriers; it's going to finally resolution all our difficulties.
- Mathematics as a Tool: Tracing New Roles of Mathematics in the Sciences (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- To Feed A Nation: A History of Australian Food Science and Technology
- Grundlagen der theoretischen Anatomie - Erster Teil (German Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Bernard Lightman